The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) for Healthcare Professionals
After successful completion of this course, the healthcare professional will be able to:
- Describe what HIPAA is and what portion of the law applies to their role in the healthcare system.
- Identify who is obligated to maintain patient confidentiality.
- Identify what type of patient communication and information sharing requires compliance under HIPAA.
- Describe what PHI is and why it is important.
- Understand the most common causes for a HIPPA violation.
- Describe the penalties for non‐compliance with HIPAA requirements.
To connect with a phlebotomy instructor, please email email@example.comHIPAA_cn_pr_cp4.docx